Getting the right person for installing your cooling unit
Thinking of buying a cooling unit for your home? As temperatures mount everyone looks forward to spending some quality time in a cool and comfy room. After all when you are home from a hard day at work, the only thing in mind is ample relaxation. A cool room is a blessing and can help get rid of all the stress. However, before you go about and have an air conditioner installed in your home, make sure to keep the following things in mind.
What you should consider before having an AC installed in your homes
- When you buy an air conditioner you are making a major investment. This is why you must ensure all measures in which you can protect your investment. This is where professionals come in. though hiring a professional to have an air conditioner installed can cost you more, but it also gives you definite peace of mind.
- Hiring a professional can cost you a few thousand dollars. Before your hire someone, make sure you take a look around and choose someone who is well within your budget. If you know any friends or relatives who have had Air Conditioning units installed in Canberra, they would be able to provide you with a reference.
- The more amount of space which needs cooling, the higher would be the installation cost. It is therefore advisable to have cooling done in high traffic areas only. Basically rooms which are used more often. This includes bedrooms and dining rooms or the den where people usually sit together. This can also lower the utility bill to quite an extent.
- Also make sure that all the duct work in your home has been carried out. If not, you need to make sure that the duct work is done and completed, otherwise it could cause problems. All the seams and joints of the wiring must be properly sealed. You could ask a licensed professional electrician to check out the wiring.
- The actual size of your home in square feet would help you decide upon the size of the cooling unit you would require. The air conditioning contractor from whom you are buying the unit would be able to give you the correct advice. They will also help you make sure whether the load the air conditioner would put on your local buildings electrical infrastructure is acceptable.
- You also need to make sure that before the cooling unit is installed you have a shady spot in mind where the condenser of the unit would be placed. If the condenser is placed in a warm area it would get heated up quickly and won’t provide efficient cooling.
- Also make sure to choose equipment with a higher SEER rating. SEER refers to seasonal efficiency energy ratio. The higher the SEER rating the better the equipment.
- You can even choose to upgrade your unit. There is an option of an ad on which allows your unit to work both as a cooling and a heating unit. It may be used in whatever way you prefer.
For more information on air conditioning installation in Canberra, make sure you contact a profession installer.