Your route along the Gold Coast becomes a great sailing holiday when you choose the Gold Coast marina that meets all your needs and wants. There are many things to consider in your marina selection especially when sailing on your own.
You’ll obviously want to find a Gold Coast marina that has all the amenities you need from a great location, facilities, and staff. Finding a great marina caps out the exciting sailing adventure you’ve had all day.
It’s not an easy task for a boat owner to select a good marina. However, it’s not impossible if you know the things to look out for in your selection.
Location, location, location
Just like everything else, one of the important things to consider is location. Your sailing route is often determined by the location of your chosen marina. It means that location is everything whether you want one in the heart of the city, close to rivers, beaches or waterways, or off the beaten path.
The other parts of your holiday can be helped with the right location. The chosen location can make it easy for you to shop for supplies, plan your activities around the marina or stay within your budget for the rest of your holidays.
One big factor that can affect your choice of a marina is your budget. The season and location are the factors that affect the cost of a marina. Knowing good deals from bad ones can be difficult, given the varying costs of each marina. The best way to go about this is to do your research well. This means that you need to scout around for the price estimates of each marina. Booking in advance needs to be done if you plan to sail during the peak season. This ensures a reserved spot which is a pretty good deal.
A marina can be considered a good one if they offer the following facilities:
- Safe and clean showers and toilets
- A dock stocked with pump-out, diesel, and petrol stations
- Sell bait and ice
- A safe and clean laundry area
- Pet-friendly environment
- Safe and friendly lounging areas for the family
- Waste disposals that are environmentally-friendly
- A store stocked full of boat essentials such as accessories, parts, and supplies
Another important aspect to think about when it comes to the choice of the marina is the dockside services offered. The crucial services should include:
- A well-maintained boat-side area
- A mobile pump-out service
- Waste disposals
- Dock carts
- Fast Wi-Fi services
Available maintenance services
The condition of the marina is determined by the available maintenance services, to include:
- Wax, detailing, and washing services
- As needed drop-in and haul-out services
- Painting services
- Well-trained technicians and mechanics
- Pressure washing services
- Fibreglass repair services
A marina is considered good when it offers the following amenities:
- A nearby picnic or BBQ area
- Easy and convenient access to grocery stores to purchase needed food supplies
- Have a bar or restaurant
- Nearby good restaurants
The list of things to consider in your choice of the marina can be overwhelming. The holidays can be enjoyed to the max when things are planned out with a premier Gold Coast Marina.